The Santee-Wateree Community Mental Health Center's New Building:
- Is 30,000 square feet
- Fully operational by August 20, 2018
- Cost approximately $9 million, appropriated by the SC State Legislature
- Combines the previous location’s three buildings – Child, Adult and Family Services; Adult Services; and Administration.
- Will house approximately 55 staff
- Is a state-of-the-art “green” building, certified with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards
- Will provide evaluations, medication assessment and management, tele-psychiatry services, crisis walk-in services, hospital liaison, elder services, Care Coordination, Community Support Services, and more.
The Myrtis Logan Training Center:
- Adjacent to the SWCMHC is the 3,400 ft2 state-of-the-art Myrtis Logan Training Center.
- In 2015, the Logan Foundation, established in 1973 and named in Mrs. Logan’s honor, donated funds to construct a free-standing Training and Conference Center, and has made numerous monetary contributions to the Center over the past 40 years, to include staff training and technological equipment.
- The Training Center will be used for Mental Health Center and community trainings, conferences, and events.