Phone: (803) 898-4800
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
For after hours emergencies call 833-364-2274.
Clinic and Day Programs
- Adult Clinic Services, located in downtown Columbia, is a general outpatient clinic which provides psychiatric medical assessments, nursing services, individual and group therapy and case management services.
- Lower Richland Clinic and Day Program, located off of Garners Ferry Road, offers general outpatient clinic services as well as a day program which provides daily living, social and interpersonal skills training.
- Insights, located in the Columbia Mall area, provides services that meet the age, developmental, cultural and clinical needs of men and women 18-30 years old who are high users of inpatient care, emergency departments and other crisis services.
Intensive and Specialty Programs
- Rehabilitation and Stabilization Services specializes in assisting patients who have been less responsive to medications and usual treatment interventions.
- Behavior Therapy, home of the Center’s Suicide Prevention Program, is a psychotherapy program which offers individual, family, and/or group therapy.
- Impact, a model program for the state, is a short-term (up to 90 days), highly intensive ACT program which engages patients in their own recovery process.
- Mental Health Court is a treatment alternative to jail and prosecution designed for individuals with mental illnesses who have been arrested for a misdemeanor and/or non-violent felony, resulting mainly from an untreated mental illness or mental illness/substance abuse problem.
- Homeless Outreach, based at Transitions, engages and assesses adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Homeshare offers a unique living situation to patients who need assistance in transitioning from inpatient facilities into the community by placing them individually into a community household, similar to the foster care system.
The Emergency Services Unit provides services to adults in crisis and/or new to the Center during regular operating hours. A Center Mental Health Professional is available by telephone 5:00pm until Midnight 7 days/week. In addition, a Center Mental Health Professional is on duty at the Palmetto Health Richland Emergency Department 8:00am until Midnight 7 days/week.