The Orangeburg Area Mental Health Center (OAMHC) provides mental health services to people of all ages, offering crisis intervention, individual, group, and family counseling, psychiatric assessment, medication management, and support services.
Our mission: to support the recovery and aid in improving the quality of life of citizens in Orangeburg, Calhoun, and Bamberg Counties who are experiencing mental illness or emotional disturbances.
Hours of Operation: Orangeburg Area Mental Health Center clinics are open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
After-hours, an on-call mental health professional is available by phone for emergencies.
- Orangeburg Area Mental Health Center clinic is open Monday through Friday
- Bamberg County Clinic – Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday (closed Tuesday and Thursday)
- Calhoun County Clinic – Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (closed Wednesday and Friday)
- Holly Hill Clinic – Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday (closed Tuesday and Thursday)
Beginning November 30th, all the OAMHC Clinics will be open Monday through Friday.
We believe in the importance of mental health as a major factor in contributing to your quality of life, and we provide services regardless of your ability to pay. To make an appointment, please contact the Mental Health Clinic in your area.
SCDMH and COVID-19: IMPORTANT CHANGES
SCDMH inpatient facilities (hospitals and nursing homes), and community mental health centers remain operational and are taking precautions to protect patients, residents and staff from exposure to the novel coronavirus. As a precaution, effective FRIDAY, MARCH 20, all outpatient mental health centers and clinics are changing operations to help keep patients, staff, and our community healthy and prevent further spread of the Covid-19 virus. We must all do our part to keep our families, friends, and neighbors safe and healthy.
Here’s what that means for patients:
- If you have a routine (scheduled) appointment, a member of our staff will call you to discuss options for your current needs - either by phone or possibly secure video - so that you will not need to come in person. Staff will explain how telephone and telehealth visits work.
- If you have an appointment by phone or telehealth, your information will be secure and private, just as with an in-person visit.
- We will remain open for emergencies, and to provide scheduled injections.
- If you are not sure when your next appointment is, or have general questions, please CALL AND TALK TO STAFF, DO NOT COME TO THE CENTER: Phone numbers are listed below or Click here for Center and clinic phone numbers.
The DMH Assessment Mobile Crisis/CCRI Team will continue to respond to crises in the community. To reach your local team, call (833) 364-2274.
All South Carolina Department of Mental Health facilities, including OAMHC, are licensed or accredited. OAMHC is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.
SCDMH and OAMHC values your feedback. We would like to make sure that we are providing services that best meet your needs. Please complete the following survey. This survey is completely anonymous, and takes 5 minutes to complete. The results will help guide the development of effective community mental health services. Thank you for your participation.