DMH Community Mental Health Centers provide a wide array of intensive mental health services to children, adolescents, adults, and families with severe symptoms of mental illness, substance abuse (dual diagnosis) and/or emotional distress who are residents of South Carolina.
Most services are provided by board certified psychiatrists and licensed clinical professionals.
Most DMH Community Mental Health Centers provide the following services:
- Psychiatric Assessments
- Community Support Services
- Emergency Crisis Services
- Crisis Stabilization Services
- Individual and Family Education and Support
- Outpatient Therapy (Individual, Family, and Group)
- Peer Support Services
- Physician/Psychiatric Services
- School based Services
- Supported Living Services
- Targeted Case Management
Please contact your local mental health center for more information on the services provided in your area.
DMH mental health professionals use a variety of therapies, which may include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Trauma Focused CBT
DMH also operates hospitals and nursing homes. Click here to learn more about DMH inpatient services.