- Federation of Families of South Carolina
- MHA-SC - The Mental Health America of South Carolina
- NAMI South Carolina - National Alliance on Mental Illness of South Carolina
- P & A - Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc.
- SC SHARE - South Carolina Self-Help Association Regarding Emotions
Although SCDMH works closely with these organizations, they operate independently of DMH. Some are community-based or grassroots organizations, while others have national affiliations. Most have staff who interact with the South Carolina State Legislature on issues pertaining to the needs of people with mental illness. None of these organizations require that you pay their membership fees, if they have them, to be able to receive their assistance or available educational materials.