The DMH Speakers Bureau provides speakers on mental health issues to non-profit groups and organizations (civic clubs, community groups, schools, etc.) throughout the state. The purpose of the service is to raise awareness of mental health issues and enhance community education related to services and programs available through DMH.
Speakers available represent a number of areas of professional expertise. Topics Include:
- Children's Mental Health Issues
- Client/Patient Advocacy and Rights
- Disaster Preparedness and Mental Health
- Homelessness and Mental Illness
- Mental Illness Recovery Stories
- Peer Support
- Substance Abuse and Treatment
- The Art of Recovery Program
Other topics may be available upon request. Please note that, due to travel restrictions, all topics are not available in all areas of the state. SCDMH will do its best to match a qualified speaker to your group's needs. Please contact us with as much notice as possible.
Please submit the following form to contact the Speakers Bureau and request a speaker.