This toolkit has been created to share easily accessible informative materials pertaining to mental health.
- Governor’s Proclamation 2021
- The SC General Assembly has issued a concurrent resolution recognizing May as Mental Health Month! Read the resolution
- Presidential Proclamation
- Sample Proclamation – Encourage your community to recognize May as Mental Health Month (download Word document)
- SCDMH Commemorates Mental Health Month 2021
Handouts: free to download, print and distribute:
- DMH Brochure
- Mental health screener: Hope Connects You
- Support Lines:
- Want to learn more about mental health? Click here to visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness’s Fact Sheet Library, for information on signs and symptoms, specific diagnoses, treatments, statistics, and more. The Library also includes infographics to share with others! National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – Infographics & Fact Sheets
- Church Bulletin – full page (2 sided)
- Church Bulletin – 5” x 10” (2 sided)
- Social Media Photo:
Mental Health Month Activities/Virtual Events:
SCDMH Mental Health Month Recovery Virtual Event 2021 on May 19! Click here for details
Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center (ABMHC):
- Take the Mental Health Challenge with the 31 Day Mental Health Challenge Calendar.
- Self-Care Activity Calendar from Aiken-Barnwell.
- Aiken Barnwell has created a great activity to pass the time with loved ones: Self-Care Bingo!
- Working from Home? ABMHC has some great tips.
- ABMHC Church Bulletin 2021 – pass it along!
- ABMHC is sharing handmade messages of hope – can YOU find one? Join Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health as they partner with Mental Health America of Aiken County’s Rocks event! Click for flyer!
Beckman Center for Mental Health Services (BCMHS):
The Center’s new RV will be at the Newberry Clinic May 19 giving out treat bags to patients and community partners in the afternoon.
Berkeley County Mental Health Center: May 3, 3:15pm Bubbles Campaign.
Everyone is invited to come help us “Blow Out Stigma” by blowing bubbles in the front parking lot.
Pee Dee Mental Health Cenrer
The Center is having an awareness walk on May 14 at 10am. Click the flyer for details!
Santee-Wateree Community Mental Health Center:
The Sumter Clinic will be having a free drive thru event on May 14. All are welcome! Click the flyer for details.
The Clarendon Clinic will be having a free drive thru event on May 20. All are welcome! Click the flyer for details.
Waccamaw Center for Mental Health:
- The Conway Clinic is having a Mental Health Awareness Celebration on May 28 from 12pm-2pm at 164 Waccamaw Medical Park Drive, Conway SC 29526. Click the flyer for details!
- Hosting a Virtual Mind & Body Wellness Health Fair featuring the following topics:
- Staying Emotionally Healthy during a Pandemic
- Stress Relief for Children
- Promote Life
- Benefits of Yoga/Meditation