This toolkit has been created to share easily accessible informative materials pertaining to mental health.
- Governor's Proclamation 2022
- Presidential Proclamation
- Sample Proclamation - Encourage your community to recognize May as Mental Health Month (download Word document)
- SCDMH Commemorates Mental Health Month 2021
Handouts: free to download, print and distribute:
- Mobile Crisis Team:
- Mobile Crisis Brochure – English
- Mobile Crisis Program Brochure – Spanish
- “What happens when you call Mobile Crisis.”
- Mobile Crisis will be a sponsor at the Strike Out Stigma Pelicans game on June 4, 2022.
- DMH Brochure
- Mental health screener: Hope Connects You
- Support Lines:
- Want to learn more about mental health? Click here to visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness’s Fact Sheet Library, for information on signs and symptoms, specific diagnoses, treatments, statistics, and more. The Library also includes infographics to share with others! National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) - Infographics & Fact Sheets
- Church Bulletin - full page (2 sided)
- Church Bulletin - 5” x 10” (2 sided)
- Social Media Photo:
- Mobile Crisis Team:
Mental Health Month Activities/Virtual Events:
Aiken-Barnwell Mental Health Center (ABMHC):
- Take the Mental Health Challenge with the 31 Day Mental Health Challenge Calendar.
- Self-Care Activity Calendar from Aiken-Barnwell.
- Aiken Barnwell has created a great activity to pass the time with loved ones: Self-Care Bingo!
- Working from Home? ABMHC has some great tips.
- May 13: Open House at our Aiken clinic: 1135 Gregg Hwy, Aiken SC 29801 from 11:30am-1pm.
- May 13: Community Resource Fair from 3-4:30pm at 1135 Gregg Hwy, Aiken SC 29801.
- May 20: Open House at our Barnwell clinic: 916 Reynolds Rd, Barnwell SC 29801 from 11:30am-1pm.
- May 20: Community Resource Fair from 2:30-4pm at 916 Reynolds Rd, Barnwell SC 29801.
Beckman Center for Mental Health Services (BCMHS):
- May 2-6: Dress Up Days for Mental Health Awareness Week. Check out this fun flyer that includes coping strategies and themed ways to dress each day to support mental health. Dress up days include wearing green, wearing your favorite hat, wearing tie dye or bright colors, etc
- Tuesday, May 10, from 9am – 1pm: Free Senior Health and Wellness Fair sponsored by Greenwood YMCA & Upper Savannah Area Agency on Aging. Location: Greenwood YMCA 1760 Calhoun Rd., Greenwood SC. Medical Info, Wellness Tests, Free Resources, Demonstrations, and more. Register at the door for a chance to win prizes. For more info, call YMCA @ 864-223-9622.
- Saturday, May 14, 10:00am - 1:00pm: Lakelands Wave Fest: Uptown Market at 220 Maxwell Avenue, Greenwood, SC. The Lakelands Wave Fest is a community event that promotes wellness. See the flyer for more details.
- May 20 from 11am-2pm: Community Action Day – “Gleamns Human Resources’ Community Action Day” at Piedmont Technical College – James Medford Family Event Center 609 Emerald Rd. South, Greenwood SC 29646. For more info, please contact Marcella Kennedy at 864-229-8820. There will be food, community resource info, door prizes, health screenings, and job opportunities. This is a FREE event!
Coastal Empire Community Mental Health Center (CECMHC):
- Coastal Empire is hosting Open Houses for all 5 counties and you’re invited! It will be an opportunity to meet our staff, learn more about our services, network, and strengthen our relationship with the community we serve.
- Beaufort clinic: Open House May 12 from 12pm-2pm at 1050 Ribaut Rd., Beaufort SC 29902 and includes an Art of Recovery Expo.
- Allendale & Hampton clinics: Open House May 16 from 12pm-1:30pm at 65 Forest Drive, Varnville, SC 29944.
- Hilton Head Clinic: Open House May 18 from 12pm-1:30pm at 151 Dillon Dr., Hilton Head SC 29928.
- Colleton clinic: Open House May 19 from 12pm-1:30pm at 507 Forest Circle, Walterboro SC 29488.
- Jasper clinic: Open House May 27 from 1pm-3pm at 1510 Grays Highway, Ridgeland SC 29936.
Pee Dee Mental Health Center
- May 11 starting at 10am: Drop by to pick up a FREE Lunch in honor of mental health awareness month! Stop by at noon at Pee Dee Mental Health 900 S. 4th Street, Hartsville SC 29550.
- May 12, 10-2pm: Join us in celebrating mental health awareness month at our Lake City location at 675 N. Matthews Road, Lake City SC 29560. (Attach Pee Dee – May 12 2022 MHA Lake City)
- May 17 starting at 10am: Join us in welcoming our new clinic director, Tamarah Williams, and celebrate mental health awareness month at our Marion clinic: 1100 S Main Street, Marion, SC 29571.
- May 19 from 9am-2pm: Join us for mental health awareness day at our Spring into Health Fair. We will have a Mental Health Awareness Walk at 125 East Cheves Street, Florence SC 29506. The event includes a fun-filled day of food, activities, and community guests. For more information, contact the Peer Support Team at 843-317-4073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Santee-Wateree Community Mental Health Center:
- May 6: Our Sumter office is hosting an Awareness Event - FREE! 11am-3pm, 801 N. Pike West, Sumter SC 29153. Everyone is invited! There will be free giveaways, community vendors, music, food trucks, & more! Join us for this Mental Health Month celebration!
- May 13: Our Lee Clinic is hosting a FREE awareness event for Mental Health Month! Join us at 134 East Church Street, Bishopville 29010 from 10am-2pm. There will be free giveaways, vendors, food trucks, and more!
- May 19: Join us as we celebrate Mental Health Awareness Day at our Clarendon Clinic at 215 Commerce Street, Manning 29202. This FREE outdoor event will be from 1-4pm on May 19. Many local agencies/organizations will be there with door prizes, music, good trucks, games, and much more! There will also be a clothing/food drive at the event! For more details, contact our Clarendon office at 803-435-2124. We look forward to seeing you there!
- May 20: Our Kershaw clinic is hosting MAY FEST 2022! This FREE event will be at 2611 Liberty Hill Rd., Camden 29020 from 1-3pm. Free screenings, giveaways, free food, resources, and more! For more information, please call 803-432-5323.
Spartanburg Area Mental Health Center (SAMHC):
- There will be a mental health awareness flash dance mob in the community sometime during the month of May in Morgan Square, Downtown Spartanburg so keep your eyes peeled for a great performance!
- Mental Health Awareness Walk – 5/15 1pm-5pm. Organized by Spartanburg Jaycees. Maranda Beaver from Office of Suicide Prevention will join us in this event and we will have a table set up as well as the RV present.
- Saturday, 5/28/2022, 9am – Join Mayor Rice for a walk! Spartanburg Mayor Jerome Rice will be holding his monthly “Miles with the Mayor” event at SAMHC, 250 Dewey Avenue, in order to bring awareness to mental health. For more information, please call 864-596-2052 or e-mail email@example.com
Waccamaw Center for Mental Health:
- Wednesday, May 18 -The Waccamaw South Strand Clinic will be hosting a FREE ONLINE Mental Health Awareness Event from 10 AM-12 PM. Everyone is invited! There will be guest speakers, including a patient testimony, and free giveaways. You can access the event by entering the following hyperlink into your computers’ search engine: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84004387026 . You can also attend via phone by dialing 1-301-715-8592; Meeting ID: 840-0438-7026.
- Thursday, May 19 - The Waccamaw South Strand Clinic will be hosting a FREE in-person Mental Health Awareness Event from 10 AM-12 PM. Everyone is invited! Location: 9630 Scipio Lane, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588. There will be prizes, games, a community activity, and lunch will be served.