Welcome to the South Carolina Department of Mental Health. Our mission is to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses. Through a Statewide network of community mental health centers, clinics, hospitals, and nursing homes the Department’s clinical staff provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina. We believe that with the right treatment and support, recovery is possible.
To find services for yourself or a loved one, click the Find Help link located at the bottom of every page of this site.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, contact CCRI.
- News Release: New Toll-Free Number Provides Hope for South Carolinians
- SCDMH Outstanding Employee of the Year
- Louise R. Hassenplug Outstanding Clinician of the Year
- Notice: Relocation of next Scheduled Commission Meeting - June 5
- Commission Meeting Agenda
- Legislative News - May 1
- Nami-Mid Carolina is offering online support groups. Click for information.
- Census 101: What You Need to Know - The 2020 Census is closer than you think! Here's a quick refresher of what it is and why it's essential that everyone is counted.
SC Department of Mental Health
2414 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Administration Building Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Due to COVID-19, the building is closed to visitors until further notice.
Closed on State Holidays
Do you have a complaint regarding services being provided to a child by a state agency? Please submit your complaint by phone (1-800-206-1957) or an electronic submission form here with the South Carolina Department of Children's Advocacy.