Welcome to the Department of Mental Health, your comprehensive, statewide public mental health system, serving children, adults, and families in South Carolina since 1828.
Providing community-based services, school mental health services, inpatient stabilization services, crisis response, and more.
Our dedicated staff provide evidence-based practices and culturally competent, high-quality care.
- New support line created for people struggling with pandemic hardships (ETV)
- Lowcountry Mental Health Conference Speaker Spotlight Series
- Update from the State Director, 7/30/20
- A Statement by the South Carolina Mental Health Commission and the State Director and Senior Management of SCDMH
- News Release: New Toll-Free Number Provides Hope for South Carolinians
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, contact DMH's Community Crisis Response and Intervention Team, statewide, toll-free, 24/7. Call 833-DMH-CCRI or 833-364-2274
If it feels like too much to handle, and you need to talk, call 844-SC-HOPES, mental health and addiction support for challenging times.
SC Department of Mental Health Administration Building
2414 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Administration Building Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Due to COVID-19, the building is closed to visitors until further notice.
Closed on State Holidays