Welcome to the Department of Mental Health, your comprehensive, statewide public mental health system, serving children, adults, and families in South Carolina since 1828.
Providing community-based services, school mental health services, inpatient stabilization services, crisis response, and more.
Our dedicated staff provide evidence-based practices and culturally competent, high-quality care.
- News Release: State Director Kenneth Rogers, MD, to Testify Before US Senate Committee.
- May is Mental Health Month! Check out our online toolkit to learn more about DMH, mental health issues, and how you can help raise awareness.
- Next S.C. Mental Health Commission Meeting - June 3
- News Release: Carl Jones, Ph.D., Appointed to SC Mental Health Commission
- Request for Public Comments: CALEA Assessment
- SCDMH Public Safety Accreditation Assessment & Request for Employee & Public Comment
- Calendar of 2022 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Chairs Monthly Meeting
- View the 2022 Commission schedule here.
- No matter how challenging the times, you are not alone in South Carolina. SCDMH and the South Carolina Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services have teamed up to offer a safe, easy and free service that allows you to anonymously take a Self-Check Questionnaire and connect with a professional counselor who can offer guidance, support, and resources to help connect you with mental health and addiction services. We are ready to help if you are overwhelmed by COVID-19 challenges, feeling overly stressed or anxious, coping with a natural disaster, struggling with addiction, feeling depressed and don't know where to turn. Visit https://hope.connectsyou.org/ to submit a questionnaire today.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, contact DMH's Mobile Crisis Team, statewide, toll-free, 24/7. Call 833-364-2274
If it feels like too much to handle, and you need to talk, call 844-SC-HOPES, mental health and addiction support for challenging times.
SC Department of Mental Health Administration Building
2414 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Administration Building Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Due to COVID-19, the building is closed to visitors until further notice.
Closed on State Holidays