Welcome to the Waccamaw Center for Mental Health (WCMH), an outpatient facility of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health (SCDMH). Our staff is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive, outpatient mental health services to adults, children, and families in Horry, Georgetown and Williamsburg Counties.
The mission of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health is to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses. Priority is given to those who have serious and persistent mental illness.
We work with agencies, schools, hospitals and other care-givers to develop community-oriented programs for all age groups. Our goal is to provide the patient with the resources to maintain a functional state in the least restrictive environment so that they can remain in the community with the appropriate supportive services.
Treatment plans are designed based on individual strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences. Treatment services are geared toward a model of recovery. Mental health care is a team effort and each member has the responsibility to do their part. The more you know about how the process of recovery works, the more successful we will all be.
We welcome you to the team and we look forward to working with you during your recovery journey.
Jackie Brown, MA
- We are committed to providing services that promote the individual's quality of life and focus on the individual's strengths and abilities.
- We believe that the people we serve have the right to personal dignity and respect.
- We are committed to the availability of full and flexible range of coordinated services within the community.
- We are committed to providing programs which build upon the support of families, friends, other agencies and the local community.
- We are committed to a skilled and ethical work force which is culturally competent and dedicated to the highest standards of courtesy, understanding and respect.
WCMH is accredited by CARF in both Adult Mental Health Outpatient Treatment and Child & Adolescent Mental Health Outpatient Treatment through January 2020.