Welcome to Waccamaw Center for Mental Health (WCMH) an outpatient facility of the South Carolina Department of Mental Health (SCDMH).
We provide outpatient services in Horry, Georgetown and Williamsburg Counties. You will find important information about your care on this site. Please review it carefully, and ask your team members for any clarification you may need.
As part of our mission, we work with other agencies, schools , hospitals and other care-givers to develop community-oriented programs with a focus upon integrated service delivery.
The mission for the South Carolina Department of Mental Health is to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses. Priority is given to those who have serious and persistent mental illness. Other services are provided as resources allow. Mental Health Services are offered to adults, adolescents, children and their families. Individual clinic locations may provide different services.
Treatment services are geared toward a model of recovery. Treatment plans are designed based on individual strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences. Mental health care is a team effort and each member has the responsibility to do their part. The more you know about how the process of recovery works, the more successful we will all be. We welcome you to the team. We look forward to working with you during your Recovery.
Ethel B. Bellamy, MA, LPC/S
- We are committed to providing services that promote the individual's quality of life and focus on the individual's strengths and abilities.
- We believe that the people we serve have the right to personal dignity and respect.
- We are committed to the availability of full and flexible range of coordinated services within the community.
- We are committed to providing programs which build upon the support of families, friends, other agencies and the local community.
- We are committed to a skilled and ethical work force which is culturally competent and dedicated to the highest standards of courtesy, understanding and respect.
WCMH is accredited by CARF in both Adult Mental Health Outpatient Treatment and Child & Adolescent Mental Health Outpatient Treatment through January 2020.