DMH employs approximately 6000 FTEs to operate:
- Seventeen community – based outpatient mental health centers;
- Clinics which serve all 46 counties in South Carolina;
- Four licensed hospitals, including one for substance abuse treatment;
- Four nursing homes, including three for veterans;
- A Forensics program;
- And a Sexually Violent Predator Treatment Program;
DMH also operates a variety of programs such as Telepsychiatry, Telehealth, and School based Services.
DMH is an innovative leader in healthcare looking to hire skilled, dedicated, and professional psychiatrist, nurses, counselors, social workers, administrators, public safety officers, and trades specialists!
Benefits of Joining the DMH Team!
DMH seeks to promote a healthy work-life balance by offering policies, procedures, actions, and expectations that enable employees to pursue more balanced lives. A well-balanced life helps with maintaining high quality patient care and enables us to retain healthy, happy employees. Our generous benefit packages supports our belief in this concept.
Employees may be eligible for other benefits such as flexible work schedules, recognition programs, tuition assistance, student loan repayment, Money Plus and sign-on bonuses for certain professions.
DMH offers comprehensive health, dental, and vision programs, along with a wide array of supplemental insurance programs.
Holidays and Leave Time
- 13 paid holidays
- 15 days of sick leave per year (1.25 per month)
- 15 days of annual leave per year (1.25 per month)
- Retirement Programs and Deferred Compensation Plans
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Department of Mental Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, sex, religion, or disability. This policy statement applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, training, and termination.